Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Background 1

I was searching about info for jaw surgery as I am going to get one done. But I found out that there are less Malaysia patients that share the info or their experience compare to other countries' patients. So I decided to share tid-bits of my experience.
I has inherited a class III malocclusion from my father.I went to orthodontic consultation when I was 14 years old. The orthodontic said that I need a jaw surgery but the surgery can only be done after my bone is fully grown *after 18years old. So nothing was done by that time. He also told me about the cost of the surgery which made me decided not to start the treatment after I reach 18. (I truly regret of not starting the treatment earlier)
But years after, I started to bite my cheek and tongue unintentionally or during eating or under stress ( YUP I bite my cheek or tongue more often during exam time). So I have no choice but to seek the advice of the experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment