Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Orthodontic treatment plan

Before orthodontic treatment, i was having an open bite, but not that severe. Maybe you will ask isn't that I should have my lower teeth overlapping my upper teeth since my lower jaw is so protrude??
Yup, this is what nature play a role. Because my upper jaw doesn't grow together with my lower jaw, so as my upper and lower teeth are so in love and they want to meet each other, the lower teeth took the steps to move inward, and the upper teeth took the steps to move outward. Finally, they met, but not in that perfect situation.
Ok this is a picture of the types of occlusion from lateral view. The normal occlusion is show in A.
My orthodontic treatment is to make my occlusion like picture D, so that after surgery, my jaw is push back, then i can obtain a occlusion like A. Or what the surgeon said, worst come to worst, edge-to edge bite. Well there are possibilities that the surgery is not 100% successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment